Don’t like cold calling!? No one really does. We all dream of sitting back in our banana chair and watch while our leads come to us. But in an environment where winning new business is getting harder and harder, it doesn’t quite work that way.
So should you go back to techniques such as cold calling if you need more leads? While it can be effective, perhaps you should go back to the basics. Have you carefully considered who you are and what you do?
Carefully consider who you are and what you do
It is hugely important to define who you are, and what you do before embarking on the lead generation process. Are you restricting your expertise and reducing your lead potential? Are you too targeting a client base that is too broad and reducing your perception as an expert?
Determine who you are and your area of specialty:
- Dictates your entire program.
- Will have consequences on your potential for generating leads.
Carefully consider how broad you define your expertise:
- Too specific and you will reduce your potential for leads.
- To broad and you will not appear to be an expert in a particular industry or area.
Want to know more about this topic, watch the video
Video demonstrating the first step in lead generation for consultants
- Find a mentor to help determine who you are.
- Research opportunities. In order to find leads you may need to partner with particular industry bodies or related professions.
Why is it important to always improve your lead generation?
Winning new clients can be one of the most frustrating, time consuming and expensive elements of your business, and it is one that is often done very poorly.
Without leads and an effective sales conversion system, it doesn’t matter how good your internal systems, your personnel and your product is…your business will simply fail.
Articles to come about Lead generation
Effective Lead Generation – Prepare two types of high quality material.
Effective Lead Generation – Begin by defining your target Market
Effective Lead Generation – Communicating your lead generation campaign
Want more detailed Training?
If you liked what you have read today, there is a formalised and inexpensive option to access a professionally created consultants fundamentals training course.
This great course includes the following:
- Video recording of 7 passionate presenters covering core topics.
- “High Performance Consultancy – Lead Generation” video training.
- “High Performance Consultancy – Win profitable clients” video training.
- “High Performance Consultancy – Coaching v. Consulting Secret” video training.
- Award winning MAUS consultancy software (RRP $999).
“Your Business Success” 165 page workbook containing a strong client structure.
More info click here
By Graham Martin
Marketing Manager, MAUS Business Systems
02 9907 1669
Leave a Reply